Miami-Dade County School Board Rule 6Gx13- 5C-1.031 states that: Students whose personal attire or grooming distracts the attention of other students or teachers from their school work shall be required to make the necessary alterations to such attire or grooming before entering the classroom or be sent home by the principal to be properly prepared for school. Students who fail to meet the minimum acceptable standards of cleanliness and neatness as determined by the principal and as specified in this rule shall be subject to appropriate disciplinary measures including suspension.
Robert Morgan students will become productive citizens and leaders of the future. It is important to prepare for college and the workplace; therefore, our students will dress in a manner appropriate for the world of corporate America.
“We are a MANDATORY UNIFORM SCHOOL”
Polo style shirt with collar, Oxford button down shirt with collar, Girl’s blouse with collar or approved “Spirit-Wear Shirt or Spirit-Wear T-Shirt.” (NOTE: “Spirit-Wear” is defined as clothing which has been pre-approved by Robert Morgan Student Activities and is related to school activities and/or organizations, clubs, or athletic teams.)Shirts can be long sleeve, short sleeve, half sleeve, or three quarter sleeve.
No sleeveless shirts permitted. No homemade shirts permitted. No altered shirts permitted. Shirts may not be oversized. Button down shirts cannot be worn open. Approved school logo is required on all shirts with collars.
Approved colors: Maroon, Gold, Academy Colors
Skirts (can not be worn above the knee); Capri pants, pants or jeans. Solid color fitted shorts/pants must be worn at the waist. Shorts must reach the top of the knee. Pant legs may not drag the floor. Shorts/pants/skirts may not have embellishments, embroidery, patches or holes.
Approved colors: Khaki, Denim blue jeans.
Undershirts may be worn with shirts. Solid color t-shirts may be worn underneath an outer shirt.
Approved colors maroon and Gold. Pre-approved spirit-wear t-shirts may be worn underneath an outer shirt.
Sweatshirts, sweaters, or jackets worn over school uniform. Solid color sweatshirt, sweater, and/or jacket may be worn over a shirt.
Approved colors maroon and Gold. Pre-approved spirit-wear outerwear may be worn over a shirt.
Sneakers, shoes with a back, or other completely closed shoes are highly recommended. Due to safety issues related to traversing crowded hallways and stairwells, it is strongly suggested that students not wear flip flops, sandals, crocs, or open toe shoes.
SCHOOL ISSUED ID BADGES
A school issued ID badge with a lanyard will be provided free of charge to every student. The ID Badge must be carried by the student at all times and will be required to attend all events held on campus and to access Student Services such as seeing a counselor, checking out books, and purchasing tickets for school sponsored events and Lunch/Breakfast services.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED:
The following items are not permitted to be worn: Low cut jeans, hats, caps, headwear, hoods, oversized shirts, knee length shirts, homemade shirts, spaghetti straps, spandex of any type, polyester leggings, athletic wear, sweatpants, pajama pants, bedroom slippers, exposed underwear, baggy jeans, baggy pants, baggy shorts, midriffs showing, shortshorts, skirts above the knee, and swimwear.
“We are a MANDATORY UNIFORM SCHOOL”
Students receiving an approved uniform waivermust adhere to the following guidelines:
Students will dress in a manner which is conducive to learning and proper for school. Students dress and appearance will not be hazardous to the health or safety of anyone in the school, have a negative effect on or be disruptive to the educational process.
The Following Are Not Permitted:
- Hats, visors, sunglasses, headbands, or Doo Rags
- Sleeveless shirts, tank tops, mesh shirts, see-through tops, tops not covering entire torso such as stomach area, shirts with open backs, low backs, strings tied in the back, sleeveless undershirts, spaghetti string tops with or without bra straps, biking tops, dress with strings or spaghetti strps, or halter tops with or without overalls
- Gym shorts, short shorts, riding/cycling pants, running shorts (except P.E.)
- Mini-skirts, mini-dresses, skirts with high slits, or above mid-thigh length
- Tights, leggings, tight stretch pants
- Clothing or accessories that are hazardous to the safety of students, faculty or staff of the building
- Clothing or apparel that has offensive, suggestive phrases, designs, slogans or language
- Clothing or apparel that has written messages, pictures, or symbols which relate to drugs, smoking, alcohol, sex or profanity are prohibited
- Low cut jeans, hats, caps, headwear, hoods, oversized shirts, knee length shirts, homemade shirts, spaghetti straps, spandex of any type, polyester leggings, athletic wear, sweatpants, pajama pants, bedroom slippers, exposed underwear, baggy jeans, baggy pants, baggy shorts, midriffs showing, short-shorts, skirts above the knee, and swimwear.
SWEATERS, SWEATSHIRTS, CARDIGANS, T-SHIRTS, JACKETS, ETC. WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED TO HIDE INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE. STUDENTS FOUND IN VIOLATION OF DRESS CODE WILL RECEIVE A DETENTION. EXCESSIVE DRESS CODE VIOLATIONS WILL REQUIRE FURTHER DICIPLINARY ACTION AND A MANDATORY PARENT CONFERENCE