What is Hospitality and Tourism?
Hospitality and Tourism strand helps students chart career paths in one of the world’s largest industries, from hotel management to sports, entertainment, event management, including the study of economics, and world cultures. The goal of the program is to prepare students for entry-level management hospitality positions and preparation for continued study at the post-secondary collegiate level. The Hospitality and Tourism curriculum has received industry validation from the Global Travel and Tourism Partnership (GTTP) and the Institute of Travel and Tourism (ITT).
Course Sequence and Academy Career Focus
- Marketing Management
- Sports and Entertainment Marketing
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Event Planning
- Guest Services
- Employ-ability Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Event Planning
- Technology and Software Applications
- Educational behind the scene field trips in/out of state
- Economic Principles related to the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Etiquette and Career Exploration are important components of the program
Eligibility Requirements and Application
AP Capstone Requirements:
- 2.5 unweighted GPA in core courses
- 2.0 average GPA in conduct
- No more than 10 unexcused absences or 20 tardies in the previous year
- Honors Physical Science
- Honors Algebra I
**Students can earn Honors Algebra I and Honors Physical Science credits on Florida Virtual School. In order to meet eligibility requirements, please mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (305-386-8987) proof of registration from the FLVS to Felix Varela Senior High School.
Link to Application: https://forms.gle/WUjJo5EDer9DEvox9