What is Sports Management and Sports Medicine
The Sports Management and Sports Medicine Academy is a two-track program in which students may choose to study the organizational business of sports or the effects of athletic movement on the body. Students studying Sports Management will work with Varela’s athletic coaches to gain first-hand knowledge of how to lead and manage a sports team. Sports Medicine students will gain hands-on experience in how to train the body safely and effectively, as well as the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- CPR Certification
- Dual Enrollment credit for Sports Management
Sports Management Track
- Introduction to Sports Management
- Sports Event Planning
- Dual Enrollment Sports Management
Sports Medicine Track
- Health Science Anatomy and Physiology
- Exercise Science
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
Eligibility Requirements and Application
- 2.5 unweighted GPA in core courses
- 2.0 average GPA in conduct
- No more than 10 unexcused absences or 20 tardies in the previous year
Link to Application: https://forms.gle/WUjJo5EDer9DEvox9
Coach Patrick Ledan, M.S. Ed.
Sara Scheckner, M.S. Ed.