Paying Your Fees Online:
This is a 2-step process. First, you must verify your fees through S.T.O.P. and then you can pay them through your portal on OSP.
Step One: Verifying your fees through S.T.O.P. ( https://fl-dade.stopforschools.com )
- Go to www.varelahighschool.net
- Go to the “Students” tab at the top
- Click on “STOP for Schools”. This will take you to the Stop for Schools website.
- Enter your Student ID for the login. Your password is the student’s birthdate with the slashes (M/DD/YYYY). You MUST use the slashes (/). Month: single digit except for months October – December. This is a separate system than the student portal, so portal passwords do not work.
- The new screen will show you all the fees you have to pay. If you have been in the Communications Academy for more than one year, and you didn’t pay last year, that fee will also be listed. Any previous year’s fees will be there. Please print this page, or write it down somewhere since you will need it to pay your fees.
- Once you have a record of the fees you have to pay, proceed to Step Two.
Step Two: Pay your fees through your portal using OSP – Online School Payments.
- Go to either the student or parent portal and login like you normally would.
- At the top of the page, click on “Apps/Services/Sites.”
- On this page, scroll down to the link for “OSP” (online school payments).
- You will be directed to a new site. On the top in the blue section, go to “Secondary School” tab.
- Scroll down to “Felix Varela Senior High – 7781.” This will take you to all of the available fees for Varela.
- Now only click on the box beside the fees you owe. This is what the STOP list is for. Check your record of fees that you owe. (Ex. Select College Tour, Math, Science, etc.) If you are not going on the College Tour, don’t click on that fee. If you don’t owe a science fee, don’t click on that fee.
- Once you have selected all of the fees you owe, scroll to the bottom and click the “Add to Cart” tab.
- On the next screen, you will see your Shopping Cart with all of the fees that you have selected. Now you can change the quantity of fees. Most students only owe one for this year. However, if you owe for previous years, you may need to change the quantity. If you owe multiple science fees, once in the shopping cart click on the Science fee listing which is above the Qty #, and Price. Also beside each fee is a SKU # ex M7781-140.
- This will take you to that specific fee. This is where you add any past fees not paid, enter the number of additional fees needed only. Click the “Add to Cart” tab. Then you will see the multiple listings in the shopping cart.
- Once in the Shopping Cart, in the top right section it will show you the total amount due. Be sure to check the shopping cart to make sure that you are paying the right number of fees and then click “Checkout.” The amount in OSP should match your amount owed in S.T.O.P.
- On the next screen, next to each fee that you are paying, click the “Select Student Profile” down arrow and choose the student’s name. If you do not click on each of the “Select Student Profile” tab, it will not let you go to the next step. Once that is complete, click “Next” button at the bottom on the right side.
- On the next page, you must enter your personal information. **Be sure to enter your credit card billing address information. The name and address must match those used by your credit card company exactly or the transaction will not be approved or processed. **
- Click the “Next” button again which will take you to Step 3 of 4 – Order Review.
- After reviewing the order, click the “Next” button, Step 4, which should be your final step. Enter your credit card information and click the “Place Order” tab at the bottom. You have now completed this transaction. Please print a copy of the final transaction for your records and/or for the teacher as proof of payment. If you have any problems, please contact the school.