Felix Varela Senior High School is dedicated to creating a quality learning environment which embraces innovative technology and instructional rigor to meet global challenges by cultivating a safe, nurturing, and equitable environment for students, teachers, parents and our community.
It is our mission at Felix Varela Senior High School to foster our students’ desires to become life-long learners. By incorporating relevant community issues, global technology, and expectations for high academic achievement into our curriculum, we empower our students to know they can succeed in our diverse society.
In order to achieve our vision and mission, the administration, faculty, staff, students and parents of Felix Varela Senior High School are committed to the following beliefs.
- Everyone can learn.
- In life-long learning.
- In equity in education.
- Learning about diversity creates respect for others.
- Teaching must be relevant and meaningful for learning to occur.
- High expectations are held for all students.
- Teaching and learning are an interactive process.
- Teachers must be positive, caring and empathetic.
We are Varela!